Waitakere Foot has a special interest in children’s foot problems because no child is too young to see a Podiatrist. Children’s feet differ from those of adults, as they are not yet fully formed.
It is recommended to get a check-up with a Podiatrist if you notice any of the following:
- Uneven shoe wear
- Skin rashes, hard skin lumps or bumps
- Complaints of recurrent pain in feet or legs
- Constantly tripping or falling.
- Complaints of “growing pains” at night
- Pain during or after sport
With children it is essential to identify the issue as early as possible. The saddest words we often hear are “I wish I had brought my child for treatment much earlier”.